Thursday, November 10, 2011

Hello From Alaska

I'm in Anchorage as I was invited to a Cultural gathering of all the Native tribes in Alaska and Canada. The main reason was for the Tribes to vote on political issues and establish their rights as Natives but also to share their music, dance, and traditions.

So for the last 3 days I have been enjoying learning about the Natives and enjoying Alaskan food. The food is wonderful and so is the local beer lol

It is cold up here, no snow yet, but for me living in AZ I had to wrap up warm

I wanted to actually go outside of the city but all tours stop in late September and I waa told the best time was to come back in May. There is so much to see here.

So its back to the local bars and restaurants for some great food and the local hospitality.

Keep warm

Gayle

No comments:

Post a Comment