Monday, November 5, 2012

Hello everyone

31st Oct

I meant to tell you that the weather has been warm and sunny but hmid and being from AZ that is hard for me toget used to.
Anyway got up this morning and decide to head to Clark Quay which was maybe 10 mins from my hotel. Its an area that has restaurants and bars all along both sides of the river.  There are some beautiful old bridges across the river and a very old hotel, The Fullerton, but expensive hotel at that.
I ate lunch at local restaurant and  had fish soup and rice, it was very very good.
Early evening I headed off to the only nocturnal zoo in the world , where you can tour the zoo either via tram or walk and see the nocturnal animals of the world. Very cool and a great way to see the animals that you might not normally be able see.
Tomorrow is my last day in Singapore, and my flight does not leave until 10pm in the evening so I still have a full day.
Good night!


1 Nov

I decided to visit               today and to get there I was going to use the subway. Wow what a system they have, so clean and easy to understand , so it was really easy to get there.  Once you get to            you then take either the mono rail or cable car across to the island.I decided to go by cable car and the views were amazing .
In the afternoon I headed into China town and grabbed a few bargains and had dinner whilst I was there.
The crazy thing was i sat down at this restaurant  "The Singapore Heritage Restaurant" and opened the menu and here was a preface with details on the restaurant and the chef and of all things he was a local bodybuilder and celebrity chef,  Alvin Koh. He wasn't at the restaurant but I met his mother.
So that was the end of my wonderful trip to Singpare and I look forward to going back there sometime.
Its off to the airport to catch my flight to Australia and the next portion of my trip.
Talk to you all soon
Gayle x

No comments:

Post a Comment